July 23, 2010

Wordpress for Blackberry

I was quite surprised to see a stand-alone blogging application for Blackberries on BB Appworld so I immediately proceeded to download and install it on mine. Though I still haven't registered for a Wordpress account because I already have a Blogger account plus a Multiply account. These two blog sites seem to lack this mobile application, but I think it is possible to send in a blog post via email.
So now, due to this app, I have to register. And register I did and now I'm trying its functionality and practicality.

The UI
Upon logging in (only needed once) you will be presented with a list of your blogs. Then you can view your posts, comments, etc.
Adding a post is a cinch. Just type away at your keypads. There are formatting keys at the bottom which are easy to understand.
Though you see the formatting marks and not a WYSIWYG type editing. Its not really a big deal.

Adding Media
Let me try posting a picture:

Ayun, I don't know where its going to be placed. Haha anyway, its a picture of Durian fruits I saw while was walking back to my hotel the other night. Oh there are options pala, either on top or bottom placement of the pictures.
I think for quick off-the-fly type blog entries, Wordpress For Blackberry is a decent alternative. But if you will require quite a few formatting, adding pictures, music, videos, it would be better to wait till you get the chance to use a computer.

1 comment: