July 23, 2010

CebPac 5J456

When I checked-in today for my flight back to Manila from Iloilo, the girl at the counter asked if I had any baggage to check-in.  I hate checking-in my bag when I fly, especially if I got to the airport a bit earlier than required, because when you check-in early, your baggage will appear last in the baggage claim conveyor.  That's why earlier in the week (and on most of my flights before) I hand-carried both my bags  on my Manila-Davao and Davao-Iloilo flights. So I said I had none and intend to carry both my bags.  The girl looked so surprised and insisted that I put my luggage on the scale (it weighed 9kg) then told me that I was only allowed to only one (1) hand-carried item with a maximum weight of 7kg.  WHAT??  Then why was I allowed to hand-carry both on the two flights I took earlier in the week? Duh!  I proceeded to explain that I was already allowed both bags in the two flights I had but she wouldn't listen to my protests.  I just thought that they have a new policy that they have to implement in order to keep costs down (?) and resigned to my fate that I will be watching a lot of bags, boxes of barquillos and other pasalubongs pass in front of me on the conveyor belt in Terminal 3.

What irked me was when the plane arrived in Manila, there were a lot of passengers who had not just one...not even two but had three (3!) hand-carried bags, some of which were even bigger (and most likely heavier) than mine!

Mukhang napagtripan ako nung babae sa check-in counter ah! Oh well...

1 comment: