January 29, 2013

Enviro Run 2013: Review



Enviro Run
January 27, 2013
Tiendesitas Complex, Pasig City
16km

Before the end of 2012, me and my running buddies were plotting out our run sked for January and this was considered because we liked the personalized bib idea. So without hesitation we registered.

First flag: personalized bib can only have 5 letters. My real name has 6 letters, so I had to use my nickname, which was fine with me, but I originally wanted to use bangus236. Then my friend's name is Arlene, and that's also her nickname. So there's a problem there.

Seond flag: delayed claiming of race kits. They made an announcement of the delay on Facebook on the scheduled pick-up date. I was already on my way to Alabang to get the kits when the announcement was made, but I suddenly had the urge to call the store and apparently, the guys there didnt know that it was supposed to be the claiming date already.

Third flag: route map. The maps for the 3k, 5k and 10k were already posted on FB. No 16k map. After a few days, they posted a map with squiggly lines and the caption was something like "unedited 16k map". A couple of days later, which was already just a few days before the event, they posted the edited map which showed loops! We were going to run through Julia Vargas a total of THREE TIMES! "Nakakahilo" was a common comment on their post.

Despite these flags, we still pushed through and woke up early to join the event.

Race Day:
We arrived shortly before gunstart and the 16k runners were already in the starting line with Bearwin Meilly talking at the front. Gunstart was on time and that is the only good thing I can say about this event.

When I got to Julia Vargas, I thought "Bakit wala nung mga orange cones?" We were sharing the road with other vehicles without any demarcation where runners should stay. Kaya kailangan makipag-patintero sa mga sasakyan!

I positioned myself in the middle of the pack and just followed wherever the runners ahead of me went. Good thing I didnt lose the pack or else I would have been lost. You really need to focus and understand what the turn directions are saying, and because it was still a bit dark, you might easily get confused, plus there was a shortage of marshalls to assist.

Hydration stations were adequate enough. Hydration itself, isnt. Since we were all doing loops, the stations ran out of water. Only to find a lot of unused water dispensers (on the ground) near the activity area. I didnt bother to get water because I brought my own so i wouldnt know if the water was cold or not.

Wala na kong ganang tumakbo pa when I entered the 2nd loop.  I was even thinking of doing a DNF kasi it was a boring route dahil nga paikotikot, I didnt feel that I was in an actual event dahil walang mga marshalls and the runners were making patintero with the vehicles. Parang gumawa lang ng LSD route ang race organizer eh. Pang group run lang ba. Sising sisi ako dito. Sana nag LSD na lang kami sa Nuvali together with my TBRDM Batchmates. Pero napilit ko din ang sarili ko na tapusin pa din.

Sa finishline, pagtingin ko sa relo kong Timex: 14.59km in 1:43:49. Saklap. Kulang pa sa distance.

Medal: meron naman. Pero di ko na tinitigan dahil irita na ko.

Finishers' Shirt: meron din daw. Sabi lang nila. Di ko kasi nakuha yung sa akin kasi naubusan.

Saging: Meron din daw. Pero baka itinago. May nakita naman akong mga balat ng saging, di ko lang siguro nahanap kung san nakalagay.

Loot bag: meron din naman. Eco bag na walang laman. Ayos na din.

Results: Mabilis ha? Meron na nakapost sa FB 2 days after ng event. Pero jpeg. 9 pages. Walang pangalan. I-save mo lahat para mai-zoom mo at mahanap ang bib # mo. Ay wait! personalized bib ko ah. Ano ba?

Team Phoenix ang race organizer. Amateur. Blacklisted na ito sa book ko.

I just hope that the recipient (Philippine Dragon Boat Team) gets all the proceeds of this not-so-fun run.

Ay ma isa pa pala maganda akong masasabi, madaming sumaling magandang chicks! LOL

My fake smile face :p

fish to the world,

No comments:

Post a Comment